January 20, 2010

Humble Beginnings

I suppose we should start with introductions. My name is Frankie. I am 21 years old and I am an avid knitter and crocheter. I'm addicted to yarn, in fact I spend most of my paychecks on yarn, needles and hooks. 
I live with my boyfriend and his family in sunny California. We have four cats, (I love cats!). My favorite types of cats are tortoiseshells. 
Okay, so enough about me.  More about Projects! I am currently crocheting a slouchy beanie. I got the pattern from April Draven's Blog. She has such lovely patterns! I'm finding it a little difficult, so I'm going to make some adjustments to the pattern. The beanie is made to be very thick, but I live in a relatively warm climate, so I'm going to try and adjust for that with stitching.
I am also aspiring to knit some socks. I recently placed an order with knitpicks.com  and I purchased some 40" US size 1 & 2 Needles for magic loop sock making! I also couldn't resist their hand-painted sock yarn in my favorite colors


Wicked Witch by Imagination


 Mermaid Lagoon by Imagination


I especially love the Mermaid Lagoon yarn. Something about those blues, greens, and purples just drives me wild! Okay...maybe not wild, but I do love them.
 I also purchased a ball winder. I've noticed that I'm running out of space to store my yarn, so why not roll my skeins into perfectly round center-pull balls!
Until next time, Happy Hooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment