June 3, 2010


I finished the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret. It was my first project with cables. I kind of liked doing all the cables although they were kind of difficult( I'll get the hang of it with more practice.) I'm already working on another one in a burgundy color for my mom. Her birthday is June 7th, so I have a feeling I might not get it done in time. Especially since the new Sims 3 expansion came out a couple days ago. I told my mom that her present had been put on the back burner for a few days and she didn't seem to mind. She appreciates all the hard work and effort that I put into her presents since she's a fibre artist too. She actually taught me to crochet when I was younger, of course, all I did were chains and then I got more into as I got older.

By the way, I've been thinking about purchasing a stitchionary. I've been wanting to try and work with some lace, but I would prefer a book with bunch of different types of stitches(ie: cabling, lace, ribbing...etc). Does anyone have any recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. I love the hat- it's super cute!

    I have the Vogue stitchionarys, and they're ok, but not the best. People seem to really love Barbara Walker books, I'd recommend you check out her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate. I will check those out. I've been browsing Amazon and I saw those on there, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete