March 20, 2011

Lookie here!

What a great weekend I have been having! Saturday was spinning guild day. We made polymer clay drop spindles. Some of them turned out great and some of them didn't.

All of the spindling around me has made me yearn to pick up a spindle. So, I have been looking at Turkish spindles. The concept and design I find quite beautiful. I love how the cops are made into plying balls while you are spinning your singles. Needless to say, I bought one from threadsthrutime. The colors just kind of jumped out at me. The spindle weighs about 1.4 oz and is best suited for fingering-sport weight yarn.


To accompany this beauty, I bought 4 oz. of targhee combed top from bluedogfibers. I've heard from several people that Targhee is great for spinning socks as it is very springy.

Also, I finished the calorimetry last night. It turned out fabulous and I am going to make another one tonight. Looking forward to sharing many FO's this week. Have a great week guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment