June 28, 2010

Beating the Heat

True Blood is rocking my world right now. I've completely immersed myself in this fictional vampire drama. I'm in love with all the characters and the setting. I find it completely refreshing and wonderful.

In the real world, I have been trying to keep myself cool. It's been really hot lately, and I'm doing my best not to loose my cool if you catch my meaning. I've also been working on some various projects to keep myself busy.

I'm working on a lapghan made from four strands of Paton's soft boucle yarn. It's pretty simple, I'm using size 50 needles and working plain stockinette stitch. The yarn adds a great texture and makes it look more complex than it actually is.

I'm also working on a ribbed neck tube for my mother. I made it from the same worsted weight yarn that I made her cabled slouchy beret out of. Nothing like a bunch matching accessories right?

And, I am starting to work on another slouchy beret, one of many that I hope to sell on etsy. I'm not really sure how that works, but I will figure it out and maybe make some extra money!

I hope you all are having a fabulous week =)

No comments:

Post a Comment