August 17, 2010

And then there were two =)

It's been almost a week since I posted last. My anniversary was pretty wonderful. Thank you for all the good wishes.

Friday night I got a call from my best friend, Adam. He's such a sweet guy. I've known him for quite some time. Anyways, he told me that his mom wanted to talk to me about knitting. I've talked to Rose before about knitting and I've showed her some of the stuff I have been working on. Recently, she has been diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. I'm sure I don't even have to say it, but my heart really goes out to her and her son. Rose  is such a sweet and caring person.

Anywho, she wanted me to come over and teach her how to knit since she has a lot of time on her hands. I planned with her to come over Saturday, bring her some needles and some yarn. I was so excited to finally teach someone who really wanted to learn. Someone who would soak up all this knowledge that I am willing to share. Then, Adam called me Saturday morning and told  me that Rose got really sick and they had to take her to the hospital.

I spent Saturday night with Adam, tried to help him relax and keep his mind away from worry. We ate pizza and just hung out. It reminded me of old times and it was pretty fun.

Rose called me yesterday afternoon. She called to thank me for the lapghan I had made her and also to thank me for hanging out with Adam. It was so sweet and best of all she still wants me to teach her how to knit.

So,  in between all the things I did and didn't do this weekend, this is what I'm working on. Two socks on one circular needle= no single sock syndrome!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I hope she is better soon.

    I've never had a chance to teach someone else to knit. My best friend wants to learn, but she is in CA and I'm in TX, and I'm left-handed and she's not so it's going to be an adventure whenever we do get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like quite the adventure. I have a few friends that have asked me to teach them, but they aren't really serious about learning. It seems like something they just say in passing and then nothing comes of it, so I am really excited to have someone who actually wants to learn! I'm meeting with her tomorrow and I have to think up a good beginners pattern. I obviously want to go with a scarf, that's where I started. I just want to make it something cooler than garter or stockinette stitch but without all the fuss of a crazy pattern. Looks like I'm pulling out my stitchionary tonight and going to be testing some patterns!

    ReplyDelete