August 20, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect

I haven't found much time to knit lately. I'm really trying to perfect my hand spinning. I have gotten to the point where I can make the thinnest thread without it breaking. Huzzah! So, I figured since I was being a good girl and stash-busting I bought some Blue Face Leicester fiber from sheepishcreations on Etsy. I purchased 4.4 oz and I can't wait for it arrive. I've heard some great thing about BFL and I just can't wait to try it.

In the mean time I have been spinning the long staple wool I got from Slim Chicken on Etsy. It's working out pretty well and since I have discovered the inch worm drafting method, it has been way easier!

Tonight I will be prepping for a my first student. I think we are going to knit a simple scarf that I found on MarthaStewart.com. It is a combination of stockinette and garter stitch. I'm going to test out the pattern, before I start Rose on it, just to make sure it's not too complicated.

Hope you all had a great week and have an even better weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, that fiber looks delicious! Beautiful colors, and I love BFL. So far it's my favorite fiber (I still have lots of others to try, but you know). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My BFL came in the mail yesterday. I have been spinning like a mad woman since I got it and my spindle is already half full! It is such a great fiber. I really have to thank you, Bentneedle, for recommending it. I can't wait to ply it and make some socks out of my own hand spun yarn.

    ReplyDelete