August 5, 2010

As you all know, I am in love with spinning. I bought some more wool roving, this time from Etsy. I purchased two 4oz balls from slimchicken. And I have to say I am very impressed. The roving was fairly inexpensive and yet, the quality is great! I love the vibrant colors (I am a big fan of anything blue-green, or purple) and the softness of the roving. It is soooo squishy! I am in love I think.

I also bought another spindle. It's made from this special wood from alaska. I can't remember the name of it. It's totally gorgeous and totally lightweight. This means that squishy long wool roving is going to turn into sock yarn!!! Huzzah!

Speaking of socks, the socks I am working on have been put on hold. I finally found a video today on how to wrap stitches (something I hadn't yet learned how to do), so maybe later tonight I will be able to tackle the heel. Gosh I love socks. I could see myself knitting socks for the rest of my life. Nothing but socks all the time for me. Everyone's feet will be so warm in my house :)

Current Projects:

  • Spiral galaxy socks with origami heel
  • Under the Hoodie
  • Black slouchy beanie
  • Circular needle hanger thingy (need to shop for fabric)
  • Roll up knitting needle case (need to shop for fabric)

2 comments: