I've been smoking since I was seventeen, so that is roughly about 5 years now. It is such a filthy habit.
I woke up this morning to an empty pack and I told myself, "You will not buy another one...ever...again." So that was that. I'm at work now, fiendishly chewing on gum. I'm having a hard time focusing (hence why I am here). Here are the reasons why I am quiting smoking. Hopefully, I will refer back to this list in the next three or four days to remind myself during bouts of cravings.
The Reasons Why I Quit Smoking:
- I want to live as long as possible. I want to live as long as possible so that I can knit as much as possible and live a happy life.
- I don't want to have cancer. I saw what my mom went through, and she didn't even smoke. Simply put, I want to reduce my risk.
- I hate the way I smell. I never noticed it, but being a smoker stinks.
- I hate coughing up phlegm in the morning. It's totally gross.
- My cat really hates that I smoke. Whenever I light one up, she just looks at me with these big sad eyes and I imagine her thinking "Oh Mom, don't you know that's bad for you?!".
- My boyfriend and I are pretty competitive, He quit last year, and I want to show him that I can too.