September 20, 2010

Busy Weekend

I was a busy bee this weekend. I managed to finish my palette scarf which turned out very nice if I do say so myself. This scarf was such a pleasure to make. The pattern was really simple and easy to memorize. I added a bit of my own special touch, as I always do. Instead of using WW yarn as the pattern calls for, I used two strands of fingering weight yarn. This yarn was very bright and multicolored, so I just started knitting with the yarns in different spots of color and I was amazed with the results.
Originally, I was making this scarf for my cousin, but I made the decision not to give it to her. She's turning 7 or 8 and I can't see her really appreciating it. I also remember what it was like to be that age and I remember losing things or breaking them all the time. I would hate to know that my beautiful palette scarf is being mistreated. Not to mention, that she will probably get more enjoyment out of a new game for her Wii.

Last night I watched the premiere of HBO's Boardwalk Empire. I have to say it was pretty awesome. The cinematography was just amazing. If you are into crime dramas, you should definitely check it out.
Another show I want to recommend is Sons of Anarchy. At first I thought this show looked kind of lame, but after several people telling me to watch it, I finally did. I was so wrong with my first impression. This show totally blew me out of the water. It's very well acted and well written.

No comments:

Post a Comment