October 1, 2010

Spindles and Bobbins, Oh my!

My great aunt Mary passed away the night before last. I'm not really too sad, as I said is in my previous entry, she was a wonderful woman who really lived life to the fullest. I'm not sure about the funeral arrangements. I've never been to a funeral before. I don't really feel like I need to go. I already said goodbye to her and told her how much I loved her.

I am going to be the proud owner of a custom Kingwood Russian supported spindle. I sent my order form to Lisa Chan of GrippingYarns. I also requested that she put my initials on my spindle, which I guess no one has asked her to do thus far. I thought it would be kinda neat. Also, I made a makeshift bobbin yesterday. Hooray for re-using toilet paper rolls!

Make Shift Bobbin using a TP Roll

2 comments:

  1. That's exactly how I do it! I also sometimes use a plying ball, but those take forever to wind (although the resulting yarn is always very nice and plying usually tear-free!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely hate plying tears! Can you believe that my singles at 60 wpi? I think I may be spinning way to thin, but honestly, I'm liking it. When I got this fiber I split it into two and I'm almost finished with the first half. I plan on doing a 2 ply.

    ReplyDelete