March 9, 2010

Colds and Conventions

Well I haven't updated in awhile, my apologies. Last week I caught a nasty little bug! I couldn't work, or go to school. One upside of that is having more time to knit. Since I last wrote, I have been able to complete two hipster beanies.
I also went to the Stitches West convention in Santa Clara, CA. It was so great! I have a little anxiety around large crowds, so it was a big deal for me to go to a convention. And let me tell you, there were tons and tons of people. There were so many great stands that I saw, Debbie Bliss, Blue Moon....It would really take me forever to name them all. One of the best parts of the trip was buying my first pair of Addi Turbos. I cannot tell you how much I have wanted a pair Addis! I actually got a few different sizes in circulars, since I am really into knitting hats and trying to learn socks valiantly. I managed to walk out of the convention with several hanks of beautifully dyed wool, a few pairs of needles, and a new tape measure by Lantern Moon that looks like a little sheep. It was a wonderful day :)

I went to my LYS on Sunday. I bought some more yarn, since I had a few bucks. I was talking to one of the owners, Carol and she told me that if I was buying yarn at her store I could pretty much come in and get help on any of my projects. How sweet is that!? I told her about the trials I have seen while trying to knit my first pair of socks, and I mentioned how intimidated I was by the heel turn/heel flap/gusset business. She invited me to come in anytime and she would help me out and show me how to conquer a pair of socks. It feels great to know that there is someone right down the road who is willing to help me :)

Goals for this year:
Knit my first pair of socks
Knit a  baggy sweater

No comments:

Post a Comment