April 2, 2010

Hey y'all.
Been awhile since I updated. I've been on spring break for the past week and have been knitting and crocheting ALOT!

Last night I completed my first sock ever :) It was a great experience and I will put up pictures soon. It's a pretty fugly sock...but it's my first and I will always love it. On the side, I am also making a crocheted half granny square shawl for guess who??? My grandma! She is quite old and is now living in a senior's center. She has Alzheimers and I want her to have something soft to cuddle up with. I am also still contracted to make two hats and a coworker wants me to make him a a head cover for his golf clubs.


I have good news! After lots of prodding, I have convinced my boyfriend to let me teach him how to knit. He doesn't have a lot of free time, but he is really good with his hands ;) He is studying to become an electrician and since I've taken up knitting he has been amazed by the articles I  produce. Hence, I am going to teach him how to knit, so one day he can make his own hats, or make stuff for me :)

Next time I will have pictures to share with you all. Hope everyone has a great Easter, I will be at the beach, relaxing in the sun.

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to convince my hubby to learn to knit! How did you do it? My hubby is too busy playing PS3 to knit I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I took him to the Stitches West convention with me, which I think showed him that it's "o.k" for dudes to knit. He was just really amazed with the scarves and simple hats I was making and I told him that he could make his own if he learned how to knit and that gave him a little incentive as well. Eventually we just set aside some time a weekend or two ago and he was so proud of himself when he conquered his first knit and purl rounds on a scarf.

    Since then he hasn't touched it, but I keep reminding him to practice or else I will have to teach him all over again :)

    ReplyDelete